Monday 27 July 2009

Commitment Made

I have often dreamed of completing longer distance triathlons as I'm really not made for the short sprint events. So this year I finally decided to take the plunge and have committed to the Gold Coast Half Ironman Tri in October. To help make this happen I have joined Phoenix Triathlon and I can honestly say I have fallen on my feet joining this squad. A nicer bunch of people you could not hope to meet and they have all made me feel very welcome which is fantastic. As everyone knows joining a new group is often daunting so it was great to start making friends straightaway.

Quite a few of the athletes from the squad are off to the world championships for Sprint/Olympic Distance which are being held on the Gold Coast in September with others heading to Perth for the World Long Distance Champs. It's great having a variety of athletes as there is never a shortage of people to really push you hard when you need to be pushed hard. I have no doubts the way the squad is going they will produce some great results at the worlds.


Yes I know the aero bars are way up in the air but that is something that I am working on as my flexibility/core strength increases. At the moment it is comfortable and I can ride it for long periods of time which I personally believe is the most important at this stage of my training.

4 comments:

rach edwards said...

RACE REPORT PLEASE!!!

jaman said...

Your blog is so ummm..... current?

jaman said...

You are so committed! I admire that!

jaman said...

Hi Bubble,
I still visit often.